Selected by Baseera Khan (A '14)
The following work is selected based on some aspects of our last conversation:
- From Student/Teacher "refugee" to Artist/Maker in "exile".
- How can we reassign power dynamics?
- How can we use the institution, stealing here and there, to continue our work?
- Is our work valuable, or valueless?
- hooks, bell. "Changing Perspectives on Power." Feminist theory from margin to center. Boston, MA: South End, 1984. 84-95. Print.
- Coco Fusco on the Enduring legacy of groundbreaking Cuban Artist Ana Mendieta by Jared Quinton <https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-ana-mendieta-s-enduring-legacy-in-the-words-of-coco-fusco>
- Tracing Ana by Haley Mlotek <http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/tracing-ana/>
- Ana Mendieta, Experimental and Interactive Films, Galerie Lelong, February 5 – March 26
- A World with Requilin Mendieta by Randy Kennedy <http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/05/arts/design/a-word-with-raquelin-mendieta.html?_r=1>
- Where is Ana Mendieta by Jane Blocker
- Critical Perspectives on Bell Hooks